- 1 cup rice, washed and drained
- ½ cup glutinous rice, washed and drained
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 century eggs, cut into small pieces
- 2 hardboiled egg, mashed
- 10 oz meat, cut into small cubes
- 1 ¾ oz dried scallops, soaked in water and break in pieces
- 2 tbsp shredded young ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rince the rice with water, then in a large pot add 3 quarts of water to the rice and boil for 20 mins.
- On low heat for 20 mins add the rest of the ingredients until congee is cooked.
- Season to taste and remove from heat.
Serve and enjoy this delicious Chinese Food Recipe – Hong Kong Style Congee