Fried Chilli Crab
- 1 lb flower crab
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 6 dried chillies
- 1 small green pepper, in fine strips
- 100 g lean pork, finely shredded
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon chicken stock powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with water
- Pull off the backs of the crabs, discard spongy grey matter inside and wash.
- Use a cleaver to chop the body, legs still attached, into four pieces.
- Smash the claws lightly with a cleaver to allow the sauce to penetrate. Dry crab thoroughly.
- Heat oil and deep fry the crab for 5 to 7 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Remove all but 2 teaspoon of oil from the wok and stir fry the garlic, chillies, green pepper and pork over moderate heat for 2 to 3 minutes until the pork has changed color.
- Add crab and all other ingredients, except cornflour, and simmer for 1 minute.
- Thicken with cornstarch and serve.
Serve and enjoy this delicious Chinese Food Recipe – fried chili crab